The Wall St Journal calls it The Worst Bill Ever
In a rational political world, this 1,990-page runaway train would have been derailed months ago. With spending and debt already at record peacetime levels, the bill creates a new and probably unrepealable middle-class entitlement that is designed to expand over time. Taxes will need to rise precipitously, even as ObamaCare so dramatically expands government control of health care that eventually all medicine will be rationed via politics.
Yet at this point, Democrats have dumped any pretense of genuine bipartisan "reform" and moved into the realm of pure power politics as they race against the unpopularity of their own agenda. The goal is to ram through whatever income-redistribution scheme they can claim to be "universal coverage." The result will be destructive on every level—for the health-care system, for the country's fiscal condition, and ultimately for American freedom and prosperity.
Mr. Obama rode into office on a wave of "change," but we doubt most voters realized that the change Democrats had in mind was making health care even more expensive and rigid than the status quo. Critics will say we are exaggerating, but we believe it is no stretch to say that Mrs. Pelosi's handiwork ranks with the Smoot-Hawley tariff and FDR's National Industrial Recovery Act as among the worst bills Congress has ever seriously contemplated.
As 60 Minutes reported last week, Medicare fraud is rampant and has now replaced the cocaine (ahem) business as the major criminal activity in South Florida
Among some off the new agencies, the list cites a Health Insurance Exchange; the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation; the Public Health Investment Fund; the Public Health Workforce Corps; an Assistant Secretary for Health Information; the Food and Drug Administration Office of Women's Health; grant programs for alternative medical liability laws, infant mortality programs and other issues; and about 100 other government-sponsored creations.
26 reasons to oppose Pelosi's health care bill, H.R. 3962. Here are a few:
• Permits federal taxpayer funding of abortion services, above and beyond the status quo of current law.
• Provides for a "health care czar" called the Health Choices Commissioner, who could forcibly enroll individuals in government-run insurance and whose tasks include requiring random compliance audits on Americans' health benefits plans.
• Allows for "community organizations" like ACORN and Planned Parenthood to assist the Health Choices Commissioner in enrolling individuals in the Health Insurance Exchange.
• Provides for 13 new and different tax increases, including an employer mandate excise tax.
• "Grandfathers" out of existence individual health insurance coverage.
• Retains the "death panels" by providing for bureaucrats working for a new comparative effectiveness institute funded by a tax on health benefits. The institute could publish the protocols needed to deny patients access to life-saving treatments on cost grounds.
• Contains NO ban on federal promotion of assisted suicide and/or health care rationing of treatments.
• Slashes Medicare payments to providers by more than $400 billion.
Using the English to 12-year-old -AOLer Translator, I've translated the above.
• P3RMITS FADARAL TAXPAEYR FUNDNG OF ABORTION S3RVIECS ABOVE AND BYOND DA STATUS QUO OF CURENT LAW
•!1111 PROVIEDS FOR A H3ALTH R CZAR CALED TEH H3ALTH CHOIECS COMISION3R WHO CUD FORCIBLEY ANROL INDIVIDUALS IN GOV3RNMANT-RUN INSURANC3 AND WHOS3 TASKS INCLUD3 RAQUIRNG RANDOM COMPLIANCE AUDITS ON M3RICANS H3ALTH BNEFITS PLANS
•!11!!11!! WTF ALOWS FOR COMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS LIEK ACORN AND PLANAD PAERNTHOD 2 ASIST TEH H3ALTH CHOIECS COMISION3R IN 3NROLNG INDIVIDUALS IN DA HAALTH INSURANCE 3XCHANGE
•!1!!! OMG WTF PROVIEDS FOR 13 NU AND DIFARENT TAX INCREAESS INCLUDNG AN 3MPLOY3R MANDAET EXCIES TAX
•!!1!! OMG WTF LOL GRANDFATHERS OUT OF EXISTANCE INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANC3 COV3RAEG
•!1!1!1!1 WTF RETANES DA DEATH PAENLS BY PROVIDNG FOR BUREAUCRATS WORKNG FOR A NU COMPARATIEV EF3CTIEVNES INSTITUT3 FUNDAD BY A TAX ON HAALTH BN3FITS!!11!!!! OMG LOL TEH INSTITUT3 CUD PUBLISH DA PRO2COLS NEDAD 2 DANY PATEINTS ACES 2 LIEF-SAVNG TR3ATMENTS ON COST GROUNDS
•!1!1!1 WTF LOL CONTANES NO BAN ON FED3RAL PROMOTION OF ASISTED SUICIED AND/OR HAALTH R RATIONNG OF TRAATMANTS
•!1!1!11 SLASHAS R PAYMANTS 2 PROVIEDRS BY MORE THAN $40 BILION!!!11!!! WTFPosted by Jill Fallon at November 4, 2009 4:46 PM | Permalink