Death by urinating on a third rail
Man dies from electrocution while urinating on subway's third rail
A Brooklyn man was electrocuted to death after urinating on the third rail early Monday morning.
Posted by Jill Fallon at July 8, 2013 7:25 PM
Matthew Zeno, 30, had earlier been to a few bars with a friend before making the fateful decision that ended his life just after 3am Monday morning.
What is clear is that Zeno relieving himself on the subway’s third rail killed him by electrocution, authorities said. His friend was also electrocuted trying to save him and is listed in stable condition at a local hospital.
Zeno was a fitness fanatic who competed in Rugged Maniac races.