March 29, 2017

More bizarre deaths

An intermittent series to emphasize that death can come to anyone unexpectedly. No one woke up and thought that this would be their last day alive. I do not mean to make light of the unspeakable loss that their families and friends experience.  May they all rest in peace.


Death by iPhone
Man electrocuted himself while charging his phone in the bath

32-year-old Richard Bull plugged his iPhone charger into an extension cord. He rested the phone on his chest while in the bath and electrocuted himself. His wife thought he was attacked after he suffered burns on his chest, arm and hand
Coroner warned the devices can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom.

Death by Dog. 'Get the dog off me': the chilling screams of man mauled to death by his own Staffie as BBC filmed a documentary

The owner was mauled to death by his Staffordshire bull terrier  in front of horrified camera crews. Mario Perivoitos, was taken to hospital after the attack outside his flat  but died two hours later. A post-mortem gave hypovolemic shock as the cause of his death. The dog is being kept at a kennels while officers decide whether to put it down.

The BBC said: “A crew making a BBC documentary were present – but not filming – at the time of the incident and called an ambulance. Given the ongoing inquiries, it would not be appropriate to comment further.”

Deaths by Selfies. High school cheerleader, 14, dies while posing for selfies with friends on the beach

Aurora Genai Sheffel, 14, of Eugene, Oregon, was posing for selfies with her friends on top of the log at South Jetty Park Beach in Oregon on Saturday.  The waterlogged piece of timber had rolled over in the shifting sand and surf, trapping Aurora underneath. Even small logs can become so waterlogged over time they become extremely heavy and deadly in the powerful ocean tide. Bystanders were eventually able to pull her free but she died in hospital. Her friends were able to jump to safety and escaped without significant injury. Her family have been left devastated by the loss of such a 'beautiful soul'

Two teenage girls died when a plane's wing struck their heads as they took a selfies on an airstrip in Mexico

Nitzia Mendoza Corral, 18, and Clarissa Morquecho Miranda, 17, took selfies while standing in back of a van at the airstrip and didn't see the plane coming.  They reportedly ignored warnings from concerned friends to leave the van.

Three storm chasers - including two Weather Channel contractors - are killed after their two cars collide at high speed at an intersection while they were following a tornado in Texas

Kelley Gene Williamson, 55, sped through a stop sign and hit the Jeep at 3.30pm. He was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the SUV according to KPRC . Randall Delane Yarnall, 57, his passenger, was also killed in the car crash while driving north on Farm Road 1081. The two hailed from Cassville, Missouri and were both presenters for the Weather Channel. They also featured on the TV show Storm Wranglers. The Jeep's driver 25-year-old Corbin Lee Jaeger of Peoria, Arizona, was also identified as a victim. He was wearing his seat belt at the time of the crash. Texas Department of Public Safety Sargent John Gonzales said all three were chasing a storm in Dickens County.

Death by deodorant Schoolgirl, 12, died on holiday with her parents after inhaling chemicals from her Right Guard deodorant

Paige Daughtry, 12, died in a freak accident when overcome by deodorant fumes. She inhaled the chemicals after spraying deodorant in family's holiday caravan (trailer). An inquest heard that she sprayed Right Guard 'like it was going out of fashion'. It's believed she overused the deodorant to such a degree that 'volatile substances' in the aerosol's fumes caused her to pass out on her bed. Those substances are butane and isobutane. Forensic pathologist, Dr Jonathan Metcalfe, said the cause of Paige's death was 'inhalation of volatile substances.'

Death by python. Indonesian man's body found inside python

Akbar went missing on Sunday on the island of Sulawesi, after leaving to harvest palm oil. In the search for the 25-year-old, police told BBC Indonesian that they had found a huge snake they suspected had swallowed the man. The reticulated python, reported to be 7m (23ft)-long, was cut open and the man's body was found.

"People had heard cries from the palm grove the night before Akbar was found in the snake's stomach."When the snake was captured, the boots Akbar was wearing were clearly visible in the stomach of the snake. "Resident[s] cut open the belly of the snake and Akbar was lifeless."
Posted by Jill Fallon at March 29, 2017 9:39 AM | Permalink